We operate a 20-acre farm in the Capay Valley in Northern California. Although we are not currently certified organic, we farm 100% free of herbicides, pesticides, and non-organic fertilizers.
Our background is in forage-based cattle production, so we have set up our farm like a pasture-based cattle ranch.
Pigs are not herbivores, so they cannot thrive on quality pasture alone. We provide a balanced ration that is supplemented with nuts, fruits, vegetables, and grains. We also provide kelp and high quality mineral supplements to ensure a complete diet.
Range Brothers pigs are provided shelter, access to good old fashioned mud wallows and an open pasture to graze on. Our hogs can roam to and from our shelters, as they like. If they want to sleep under the stars or in a straw bedded hoop house, it is their choice. We understand that nature is wise and that it is our primary job to offer a healthy diet for our hogs, maintain a vibrant landscape, and keep stress low for everyone involved.
Range Brothers Buckin’ Pork is Certified Humane. This means that our practices and protocols have been inspected and passed by an ISO regulated third party verification system. Certified Humane has a set of well founded guidelines that include animal husbandry practices through the harvest of the animal.
In June of 2006 we received our shipment of heirloom breeding stock from Mississippi and Missouri. We have sourced some rare lines of British Berkshire and Large Black Pigs. Both breeds are known for their legendary meat quality and their ability to thrive in a pasture based operation.
Prather Ranch Meat Company raises, distributes & sells the finest quality, humanely-raised, flavorful meat products with a commitment to providing exceptional customer experiences and consumer education about where our products come from and how they are raised.
We operate with and promote business and farming practices that respect the people involved, the animals, the earth and the environment.
We work with small, local ranchers and farmers to offer sustainably-raised meats that are of the highest quality available anywhere.
Our animals are raised humanely and given:
• A natural, nutritious diet without GMOs, antibiotics or hormones
• Shelter, resting areas, clean water, ample pasture to roam and the ability to engage in natural behaviors The ranches are environmentally sustainable:
• Our farmers and ranchers are environmental stewards and take their responsibility for the land seriously
• Our ranches support biodiversity and are managed with conservation in mind We care about your health and the health of the animals:
• We raise our animals in a low stress environment on natural feed
• We do not use hormones or antibiotics that could be passed on to you